Pocket Change: 06/19/08
- Who says you can’t take a date to Burger King to impress her? Now you can, with the new Â£95 ($185) ‘The Burger’ from Burger King. It’s made with flame grilled Wagyu Beef, topped with white truffles in an Iranian saffron and truffle bun and is probably only on the menu so Burger King can say they are the home of the world’s most expensive burger. I want to know if it is still considered ‘fast food.’ (link)
- Kellogg’s doesn’t think enough children are choking on small plastic toys these days. Time for some encouragement! (link)
- The Golden Years aren’t so golden any more. AARP reports that the rate of bankruptcy filings among those ages 65 and older has more than doubled since 1991. (link)
- The Atlantic Monthly has an interesting article about conspicuous consumption. In short: The less money your peer group has, the more you will spend on outwardly displayed bling. Interesting article about the spending habits of the different classes, but I’d love to read a study on if/how spending habits change when a person or group of people move from one tax bracket to another. (link via mind hacks)
- Mexico caps the price of basic foodstuffs for the next six months. Don’t they know that supply & demand would only starve the people that deserve it? Sheesh. We’d never do something like that here in America! (link)
- Lemonade stand supplies refreshing drink. Thief demands $17.50 from young entrepreneur. Kid helps cops catch thief. Okay, so maybe supply and demand doesn’t always work. (link)
- Subversive headtrip marketing strategy of the day: Another Bloody Water bottled water. (No, it’s not a statement against the wasteful bottled water industry) (link)
- I no longer have to suffer grease splatter burns before bedtime! With Bacon Floss, I can have that pork breath smell any time! (link)
- Someone please buy me these pens for all of the offsite events I do around the city! (link)
Posted by consumatron on June 19th, 2008 filed in
June 19th, 2008 at 8:21 pm
RE: buy me these pens…. only if you buy ME the “understand your mother” breath spray
I love that site.
June 20th, 2008 at 6:47 pm
the thought of bacon floss makes me want to barf. i mean it. barf.